Lowes Foods invites news media to a ribbon cutting on Wednesday, May 16 at 10 a.m.
First Lowes Foods to Feature New Seafood Concept— Dockside Fish Market
CAPE CARTERET, N.C. (MAY 16, 2018) – Lowes Foods, a Carolinas-based grocer, will celebrate the grand reopening of its Cape Carteret store located at 321 WB McLean Drive on May 16 with a ribbon cutting at 10 a.m. The renovated store includes special areas called Lowes Foods Originals, which include Pick & Prep, The Beer Den and The Cakery. The Cape Carteret store is the first Lowes Foods to feature a special area dedicated to fresh seafood called Dockside Fish Market.
“Like all of our Lowes Foods stores, our newly renovated Cape Carteret store is very focused on supporting all things local,” Lowes Foods president Tim Lowe said. “Our commitment to local includes offering produce sourced through our partnerships with more than 200 farmers from the Carolinas and featuring a wide assortment of unique local products found throughout the store.”
Lowes Foods Originals featured in the Cape Carteret store include:
• Dockside Fish Market. From local fresh catch to low country boils ready to go for supper, Dockside Fish Market is your one-stop-shop for seafood made easy and delicious. Have your fish or shrimp steamed right in store, grab an Asian-inspired ahi tuna poke bowl, or select from our wide assortment of the best fish and seafood around.
• The Beer Den. Offering the finest selection of crafts and drafts that is fantastically varied, local and refreshing. There are seasonal offerings of unique beers, special events, tap takeovers, and growler fills on-site. In addition, guests can “sip and shop” with a pint of beer or a cup of wine.
• Bread Crumb brings the bakery experience to life by featuring fresh-baked artisanal breads that are hand-crafted, all natural and have no preservatives. Lowes Foods’ signature Cobblestone breads are baked using fresh ingredients throughout the day, and the store’s Hot Fresh Bread program promises fresh-from-the-oven loaves from 4:30pm-7:30pm every day – perfect to pick up for dinner.
• The Cakery. A whimsical bakery where being square is incredibly cool. The Cakery features “Scrumptiouslyumptiously” delicious square cakes in all sizes that are assembled before your eyes, topped with icing made fresh in-store with real cream and real butter.
• The Chicken Kitchen. Includes a variety of prepared chicken that is fresh and never frozen, locally sourced, and is raised with “no antibiotics ever.” When hot chicken comes out of the rotisserie oven, the animated chicken chandelier signals the start of Lowes Foods’ special chicken celebration, including a unique version of the Chicken Dance.
• The Community Table is a place where shoppers can gather and be inspired to try something new. Constructed of reclaimed wood from local barns, it also serves as the site for events such as recipe sampling, activities for children, and eating tips including such as how to eat gluten free.
• Pick & Prep. Offering shoppers help by cutting prep time in the kitchen so they can enjoy a little more quality time at the table. Pick & Prep chefs cut, slice, dice, mince and cube your fruits and vegetables the way you prefer, while you shop. Pick & Prep also offers an array of packaged, grab-&-go fruits and veggies that are cut fresh throughout the day.
• Sammy’s menu includes signature sandwiches that feature ingredients from Lowes Foods Originals such as SausageWorks, Chicken Kitchen, and Smokehouse. There are also create-your-own sandwiches, pizzas, and paninis that can be heated and ready to eat in just 90 seconds.
• Smokehouse offers a daily rotation of wood-smoked meats – including beef, pork, chicken and salmon – using a variety of woods to infuse flavor. You can pick them up ready to eat or ready to take home and heat.
For the ultimate in locally grown products, the Cape Carteret store features a “pick your own herbs” section in the front of the store where store guests can clip a fresh sprig of rosemary or thyme for that recipe that calls for just a pinch. In addition, the new store features a wide assortment of organics, prepared foods, bulk foods, and the convenience of the Lowes Foods To Go online personal shopping service.
About Lowes Foods
Founded in 1954, Lowes Foods employs approximately 9,000 people and operates nearly 100 full-service supermarkets in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. Locally owned and operated, Lowes Foods is truly a homegrown company committed to bringing community back to the table, by providing customers with the freshest and most innovative local products from local suppliers. The company maintains a strong focus on exceptional attention to our guests, with services like Lowes Foods-To-Go personal shopping and gas rewards discounts. To learn more, visit lowesfoods.com or follow Lowes Foods on Facebook or Twitter. Lowes Foods, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Alex Lee, Inc.
For more information, please visit lowesfoods.com.
About Alex Lee, Inc.
Founded in 1931, Alex Lee is a family-owned and operated company that employs approximately 10,000 people. It serves as the parent company of Merchants Distributors, LLC, which provides full-service, wholesale distribution to supermarkets. In addition, Alex Lee is the parent company of Lowes Foods, which includes nearly 100 full-service grocery stores in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia, as well as Just Save food stores in North Carolina. Alex Lee, Inc. is based in Hickory, NC.
For more information, please visit alexlee.com.